Dallas Stars (21-15-1, 44 points – 2nd, Pacific Division)
vs. Detroit Red Wings (24-13-1, 49 points – 2nd, Central Division)
7 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center
NBC Sports Network (formerly VERSUS) and Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket
ALL-TIME SERIES RESULTS vs. DETROIT RED WINGS:
This Season: 0-1-0
at DET, 2-5 L, 11/12/11
vs. DET, 1/3/12
vs. DET, 1/17/12
at DET, 2/14/12
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH:
1. The Dallas Stars and Detroit Red Wings meet for their second of four contests this season. Detroit won the previous game against Dallas 2-5. After winning four consecutive games against the Red Wings, the Stars have dropped three of the last four contests against them.
2. The Stars enter Tuesday night’s game with a 101-101-35 all-time record against the Red Wings (.500). It is the only current NHL club that the Stars have a.500 record against. In fact, the Stars hold a .500 record-or-better against 20 of the league’s 30 NHL clubs. Seven of the teams the Stars have a sub-.500 record against reside in the Eastern Conference.
3. Defenseman Jordie Benn, older brother of current Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn, was recalled from the Texas Stars on Sunday. If both Benns play on Tuesday night, they will be the sixth set of brothers in team history and the third in Dallas Stars history to play a game together. They will also be the 48th set of brothers in NHL history to play game on the same team.
4. The Stars concluded the month of December with a 7-6-0 record (14 points) in 13 games. Dallas had 11 more power play opportunities in December than in November (equal number of games), converting on 8-of-49 chances (16.3%). The Stars lost 42 man games to injury in December, which was more than October and November combined (36 through first two months).
5. The Stars are 11 wins away from earning their 1,500th all-time franchise victory. When they do so, they will be the 10th team in the history of the NHL to accomplish that feat. 731 of those victories have come since the club moved to Texas in 1993. The Dallas Stars are now 27 wins away from tying their win total as the Minnesota North Stars (758).
WHO TO WATCH:
LOUI ERIKSSON has earned a point in each of his last seven games against the Detroit Red Wings (5 goals, 5 assists). He has also earned at least one point in 11 of his last 12 matchups against them (8 goals, 11 assists).
BRENDEN MORROW has four goals in his last five games against Detroit.
TREVOR DALEY logged a goal and two assists on Saturday night against the Boston Bruins. He is the only Dallas defenseman to score a goal since mid November (3 goals in that span).
THE WEEK AHEAD:
January 3: Morning Skate at American Airlines Center (10:30 a.m. CT), media availability (approx. 11:15 a.m. CT), vs. Detroit Red Wings (7 p.m. CT, NBC Sports Network and 1310 The Ticket)
January 4: Practice at Dr Pepper Arena (11:15 a.m. CT), media availability (approx. 12:15 p.m. CT)
January 5: Morning Skate at Bridgestone Arena (11:30 a.m. CT), media availability (approx. 12:15 p.m. CT), at Nashville Predators (7 p.m. CT, Fox Sports Southwest and 1310 The Ticket)
January 6: Practice at Dr Pepper Arena (1 p.m. CT), media availability (approx. 1:45 p.m. CT)
January 7: No Morning Skate at American Airlines Center, vs. Edmonton Oilers (1 p.m. CT, Fox Sports Southwest and 1310 The Ticket)
January 8: Day Off
January 9: Practice at Dr Pepper Arena (11:15 a.m. CT), media availability (approx. 12:15 p.m. CT)
*ALL PRACTICE AND MEDIA AVAILABILITY TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*