Dallas Stars 4 vs. Detroit Red Wings 5
January 3, 2012
- After the loss to Detroit, the Stars are now 4-6-2 since 2000 on the first game of the New Year.
- With four goals scored against the Red Wings, Dallas now has at least three goals in four of their last five games.
- Dallas’ loss to the Red Wings drops their all-time record to 101-102-35 (.498) against them. They now have a below .500 record against 11 of the league’s 30 teams, with only three being from the Western Conference.
- The Stars have tallied at least one first period goal in eight of the last nine games.
- The Stars did not take a penalty in the game — the first time they hadn’t been penalized since Feb. 4, 2010, in Columbus (2-1 L), which is a span of 145 games.
- Loui Eriksson’s goal and assist give him points in each of his last eight games against the Red Wings (6g, 6a). He has also earned at least one point in 12 of his last 13 matchups against them (9g, 12a).
- Eriksson now has points in seven of his last nine games (4g, 6a).
- Jamie Benn’s goal and two assists now give him points in nine of his last eleven games (4g, 10a). It was Benn’s third three-point game of the season and his team-leading 11th multi-point game of the year. It’s the first game the Stars have lost in regulation when Benn has a multi-point effort (9-1-1).
- After being recalled from the Texas Stars (AHL) on Jan. 1, Jordie Benn registered his first point of his career with an assist on Loui Eriksson’s goal.
- Michael Ryder’s two goals and one assist give him points in nine of his last eleven games (8g, 5a). Ryder leads the team with 17 goals on the season.
- Alex Goligoski now has an assist in three of his last four games.
- The Stars will practice Wednesday morning at Dr Pepper Arena at 11:15 a.m. Media availability will take place at approximately 12:15 p.m.