Dallas Stars 2 vs. Detroit Red Wings 3 (SO)
January 17, 2012
- Despite the loss to Detroit, the Stars are 10-1-1 when allowing two goals to the opposition.
- The shootout loss to Detroit was Dallas’ first against them in club history. They are now 3-1 against them all-time in the shootout.
- After going 0-6 in their previous six power-play opportunities, the Stars went 1-2 with the man advantage tonight.
- Dallas has not allowed a power-play goal in their last two games, killing off all eight opposition power plays in that span.
- This was Dallas’ first shootout loss to since Nov. 25, 2011 vs. Toronto. Dallas now has a 3-2 record in shootouts this season.
- Three of Dallas’ four assists tonight came from defensemen (Goligoski, Robidas, and Souray).
- Loui Eriksson’s goal now gives him points in nine consecutive games against Detroit (7g, 6a, 13pts.).
- Alex Goligoski has four points in his last five games (2-2-4).
- The shootout tonight was Richard Bachman’s first of his career.
- With Sheldon Souray’s assist, the Stars are now 9-1-1 on the season when he records a point.
The Dallas Stars have the day off tomorrow. They are scheduled to hit the ice again for practice on Thursday morning at 10:30 a.m. Media availability will be at approx. 11:30 a.m.